Thursday, September 11, 2008

Richard Daniel Vorreyer gets 50 years for child molestation.

A 50-year-old Perry man was sentenced this afternoon to 25 years in prison without parole for child molestation, a Houston County prosecutor says.

Richard Daniel Vorreyer was sentenced immediately after pleading guilty to two counts of aggravated sexual battery for acts committed against two children, ages seven and nine, Houston County District Attorney Kelly Burke said.

Vorreyer confessed his actions to a local church and then on his own accord turned himself into Perry police on March 23. He confessed to the molestation of the two children and more than a dozen others dating back more than 30 years, the prosecutor said.

Source

The big 2 in finding instant predator information.

National Alert Registry Where do the sex offenders in your neighborhood live?
Find out what your kids do online, even passwords.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he's in prison. Good riddance to him. My neices and nephew can never be harmed by him again.

Unknown said...

This man molested me in 1996 and my dad was the only one that took me serious. He got a plea deal and was not required to register as a sex offender. This could have been prevented. My heart aches for his other victims. I google his name periodically because I knew this would happen one day. I obviously haven't looked in several years. So sad!